You all know by now Robin Williams is no longer with us. He passed away on August 11 apparently by suicide.
Robin had a long history of depression. I’ve been there myself and it’s not a pretty road. You think it’s a road that is never going to end until you finally realize you need help. That’s how it was for me but I don’t know how it was for Robin.
I remember him on “Mork and Mindy.” This came on in 1978. It was a show that started off quite funny in its first season and then the producers decided to fix something that wasn’t broken. The show was never as good after the fixing.
As far as his stand up, I was a fan of Robin’s 90% of the time. With the other 10%, he was just a little too much for me to take. It was almost as if he was too funny.
I remember him appearing on “Inside the Actor’s Studio.” That program is now edited down to an hour but when he was on it, it wasn’t edited at all. I’ve watched it more than a few times. It’s riveting television.
His television show, “The Crazy Ones,” which came on last season, kind of looked like it was funny—at least from the few clips I’ve seen. I never did get around to watching the show. That was the case with a lot of people I guess. It was canceled after one season.
I’ve seen just about all of his movies and enjoyed every single one of them. I also realized yesterday that every movie I went to see of his, I went because he was in it. Because of that, I know that the movie would probably be pretty decent. Robin was one of my favorite actors.
There’s no doubt about it that he was a genius in a lot of ways. I’m sorry he’s gone.
(Image from giphy.com)