I want to make two things very clear here. First off, I’m not down there at the corner of happy and healthy every day (Walgreens/Covington) and second of all, the same holds true for The Dollar Tree Store which is also on Madison Avenue.
As far as The Dollar Tree Store, I may go in once or twice a month. I went in yesterday to purchase a few items. I know you’re curious.
- I got a spiral notebook—5.5 in. x 4 in.—180 sheets. I always keep a little notebook by my computer monitor in case I want to take notes on something.
- In one package, I got two felt tip pens, blue in color. Optimus is the brand name—never bought them before. I don’t need to use one just yet, but when I do, I’ll give you a full report as to how well it writes.
- I got a few picture frames. I have a lot of pictures hanging up in my apartment of family and friends and it is always a treat for me to add to that collection.
- I got a bottle of Calder’s Gourmet Horseradish Sauce. I don’t eat horseradish very often, but should I get a craving, I’ll know where to go to find it: Inside my refrigerator.
- Hillandale Farms is the brand name for eight, medium sized eggs. Should I mention they’re grade A? I don’t eat eggs every day, but I like to have a few on hand. I just checked the expiration on the side of the carton. I’ve got until 11/26/14 to eat them. I think I can handle that.
- I got some Blue Bonnet Margarine—four sticks in the package. Of course, I would rather have the margarine in a tub, but I can put up with the sticks for a little bit.
- I got a roll of paper towels.
So, there you go. I walked home feeling happy and healthy and I wasn’t even coming back from Walgreens.
By the way, everything was a dollar.
(Photo from loopnet.com)