Yesterday, I pretty much stayed in all day working on writing projects. Want to know what I did on Saturday?
- I got up early, around five thirty, and got a load of laundry done. I like going down to that laundry room downstairs when no one is around. I like doing my laundry alone.
- Had bran cereal for breakfast.
- Washed the dishes.
- Talked with an old friend on the phone for half an hour. This is very unusual for me. Usually after five minutes, I’m anxious to stop talking and even more anxious to stop listening.
- I checked my mail. I don’t check my mail every day, because I don’t get much mail delivered by the Post Office. When I checked on Saturday, my mailbox was empty, of course. Maybe I should just check it once a week.
- Went down to the corner of happy and healthy (Walgreens/Covington) and picked up a few things. Got some Diet Coke and they had cans of Campbell’s Chunky New England Clam Chowder on sale. I got two. I may have that for dinner tonight.
- While I was there—Walgreens—I also picked up a box of Ritz Crackers. I usually get the Kroger brand of this type of cracker, but I decided to live it up a little. I don’t know if “Everything taste better on a Ritz” or not, but it’s a pretty good cracker.
- I had Ramen noodle soup—beef flavor—for lunch.
- I played my mandolin for 20 minutes. Nothing weekend-like there as I play it every day—haven’t missed a day since April 9th. I’m not sure why, but I’m proud of that.
- Did some copy editing on my next book.
- Read “Fat” by Raymond Carver.
- Had grilled Tilapia, sweet peas and a baked potato for dinner.
- Did some more reading, listened to some music and then went to bed.
I left a few things out, but I figure you don’t need a blow by blow of my Saturday. I also figure you probably don’t need this either.
(Image from thumlr.com)
P.S. See you back here on Wednesday.